Plumb’s group accounts consist of 2 or more users under a single subscription, allowing for centralized management by a designated administrator. These accounts are customizable for teams as small as 2 and as large as 20. If you haven’t already, create your group account before you review this guide.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to:
Access Your Admin Dashboard
Your dashboard is where you can manage your group account and do everything from inviting new users to adding licenses, updating practice and billing details, and sending password reset emails.
How to Access Your Dashboard
- Visit app.plumbs.com via a browser on a computer or tablet.
- Click on the Profile icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Admin Dashboard from the drop-down menu.
Here’s what you can do from your dashboard:
- Change your group name
- Invite new users to join your team
- Send password reset emails
- Check user status (invitation accepted, pending)
- Resend invitations
- Remove users or cancel user invitations
- Edit user roles (admin, group member, or support staff)
- Monitor license usage and add more if needed
If you need to transfer your admin permissions to another user in your practice, please reach out to our support team. We’re happy to assist.
Once you’ve created your subscription or upgraded to a multi-user plan, your next step will be to add users to your account and get them familiar with Plumb’s. Here are a few steps we recommend to get your team up and running:
- Use this customizable email template to introduce your team to Plumb’s. If you’d rather write your own, include a link to our quick start guide.
- Read about the types of roles in Plumb’s (see below) and decide how you will assign your licenses.
- Invite people to your account! Visit your Admin Dashboard and see further instructions below.
User Roles and Access Levels
Manage user roles, invite users, manage billing, and access all content and tools
One per subscription, counts toward available licenses
Access all features and tools
Counts toward available licenses
*Exclusive to Plumb’s Pro
Search for pet owner handouts, review handouts, and use sharing tools
One per subscription, doesn’t take up a license
How to Invite Users
- Access your Admin Dashboard via the Profile menu in the top right corner of your screen.
- On the My Group tab, click Invite New Users.
- Choose the user type (veterinarian, support staff) and enter the user’s email address.
- Verify the email address and click Invite to send.
- To send multiple invites, separate email addresses using spaces or commas.
- Inviting users who already have a Plumb’s subscription? Make sure you enter the email address currently associated with their Plumb’s account. Learn more.
- Invitations are valid for 7 days.
- If an invitee doesn’t respond within this time, you can resend the invitation by clicking Resend invitation in the Actions column on your Admin Dashboard.
When you create a group account, you choose a specific number of licenses for your team. However, as your team grows or changes, you may want to add more licenses or reassign current licenses if a user leaves the practice. This is easy to do from your Admin Dashboard.
Add More Licenses
You can add an additional license at any point during your subscription period and the cost will be prorated for the time remaining on that billing cycle.
Note: If you need more licenses than the slider allows, please reach out to our sales team—they’ll be happy to customize a plan for your needs. To reduce the number of licenses associated with your subscription, please reach out to our support team.
Reassign Current Licenses
On the My Group tab, it’s easy to remove a user from your group account. In the Actions column on the right side, click on the trash can icon to remove the user from your group. The user will receive a notice of the change via email and will be able to sign in and purchase their own subscription if needed. (They can also change the email address associated with the account, if you prefer.)
Once you remove someone from your group, you will have an open license. You can then invite a new user to access Plumb’s with that license.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I invite someone with an existing subscription?
Yes! Invite them using the email associated with their current subscription. Once they accept the invitation, their existing subscription will be canceled, and they’ll receive a prorated refund. They can update the email address associated with their subscription after accepting the invitation.
What happens after I invite users?
Invited users will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with next steps. New users will be instructed to set up a password and profile. Existing users will simply sign in. Their previous subscriptions will be canceled, and their data will be transferred to your group account.
How do I use the support staff license?
Assign this role to enable access to search, print, and email pet owner handouts. It doesn’t count toward total licenses and grants access to the pet owner handouts and sharing tools only. Please note: This license is exclusive to Plumb’s Pro subscriptions.